The NetDotCom Internet Setup Wizard makes it very easy to setup any Windows computer to get online with NetDotCom.
1. Download the Internet Setup Wizard to your computer. (Click here for help on downloading files to your computer)
2. Save it on a floppy diskette (A:) or to your Windows desktop or "My Documents".
3. Run the setupwiz.exe program from the location it was saved to in step 2.
4. Read the "Terms of Service" then click the Accept button.
5. Shown below is the main window of the "NetDotCom Internet Setup Wizard".
6. As you can see from the example below we have filled in the information for a sample user.
The required information to be entered includes:
||Your first name, first & last name, nickname, initials, etc.
||Your NetDotCom username.
||Your NetDotCom password.
||This will automatically fill-in as you type in your username. Do not make any changes to the email address unless you have a personalized email address, ie. firstname.lastname@example.org.
In this case type in your full email address. It can be different from your username, but the password will be the same. If this is not acceptable you can install the NetDotCom Internet Dialer and then use our
Email Setup Wizard.
||When you signed up, you selected an email domain for your email address. Please select this email domain from the list provided by the wizard. If you have a personalized email domain
then select "Customer" from the list.
7. Next click on the Select button to select the local dialup number. You can search by state, city or area code. Click on the number that is a local call, then click on the OK
button. Consult your local telephone directory or with your telephone company to determine local access numbers. NetDotCom is not responsible for toll charges on your phone bill!
8. After selecting a local dialup number, you are returned to the main wizard screen. If you have "call waiting" you should "check" the option to disable call waiting while you are online.
9. Click the OK button to allow the wizard to configure your computer. You will be prompted to choose whether your telephone service area requires ten digit dialing or not. Click Yes
to dial ten digits or No to dial seven digits.
During the configuration process, if any existing email accounts are detected, the wizard will prompt you to keep or remove them. Click Yes to keep the existing email accounts or click No to remove
the existing email accounts. Click No if you are having problems with email or there are old or unused accounts. IMPORTANT: “No” will remove ALL existing e-mail accounts!
11. The wizard will prompt you when it is completed.
12. Start your web browser, email or messaging program or double click on the "NetDotCom Internet Dialer" icon to go online.
Instructions for installing and using the NetDotCom Internet Dialer can be found here.